Saturday, August 29, 2009

Just somthing I found!


I found this passage in an older book of mine and I acually used it in one of my classes for an assignment. The assignment was that we had to find a passage out of a book that sparked our interests or kind of spoke to us. I found this in a book called The Little Mermaid and Other Tales.

There were once upon a time three sisters, quite transparent and very beautiful. The robe of the one was red, that of the second blue, and that of the third white. They danced hand in hand beside the calm lake in the clear moonshine. They were not elfin maids, but mortal children. A sweet fragrance filled the air and the maidens vanished in the wood. The frangrance grew stronger. Three coffins(and in them three lovely maidens), glided out of the forest and across the lake. Shining glowworms flew around like floating lights. Do the dancing maidens sleep, or are they dead? The fragrance of the flowers says they are corpses. The evening bell tolls for the dead.

1 comment:

  1. Great book blog. I enjoyed the passage of this post...sounds beautiful and creepy! I will plan on coming back to see more reviews!

    Mrs. Skelton

    ReplyDelete